- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onio
- n2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds chopped plum tomatoes (about 4 cups)
- 1/3 cup plus
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 pound extra lean turkey
- 1 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup (packed) grated low-fat mozzarella cheese
- 8 lasagna or so noodles, freshly cooked or use noboil lasagna noodles
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- preheat your oven to 325.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté 3 minutes. in the onions and garlic, turn the heat up a little and add the turkey – browning it quickly almost like a stirfry fast. Return heat to medium.
- Add tomatoes with any juices; simmer until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes. Stir in 1/3 cup basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir ricotta cheese in small saucepan over medium-low heat until just heated through. Add mozzarella cheese; stir just until melted, about 1 minute. Season to taste with pepper.
- Spoon 1/4 cup tomato sauce into a loaf pan. add a layer of noodles, then cheese, then turkey – and repeat till you have a full loaf pan and top with a final layer of noodles. sprinkle big thick shavings of parmesan over the top – and bake for 45 minutes.Let it sit for about 5 minutes before cutting right into it.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and remaining 2 tablespoons basil; serve.