- 3 pounds brussel sprouts, trimmed
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Asiago cheese
- 2 English muffins, toasted dark, and processed into big bread crumbs in the food processor
(or 1/2 cup of panko bread crumbs)
- 2 tblspns butter (melted)
Preheat the oven to 425°. Trim and slice the brussel sprouts. Take half of the brussel sprouts and cut in half, take the other half and hit once or twice on chop in the food processor (don’t over do it – we’re not making coleslaw!) and then mix the chopped and sliced brussels and place on two large rimmed baking sheets. Toss the brussels sprouts with the olive oil, melted butter, season with salt and pepper and spread in an even layer. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes, until the brussel sprouts are tender and browned in spots; rotate the pans and stir the brussel sprouts halfway through roasting. Sprinkle with the bread crumbs, cheeses, toss and bake for 1 more minute, or until the cheese is melted. Transfer the brussel sprouts to a bowl and serve. The brussel sprouts can be baked up to 2 hours ahead; rewarm them before serving.
For a healthy alternative: Follow the above recipe without the cheeses and with only 1/4 cup olive oil. Serve hot over a mix green salad with yellow raisins and red onion!