My long time friend Shannon Adamson (who just received her EMT license! GO GIRL!) and I created a recipe together that has evolved over the years. What makes it a winner, is that its a work-day crockpot solution that comes out perfect every single time. Crazy simple and delicious – I’m really surprised I’ve never posted this to Bob’s Kitchen before.
Crockpot “Shannon” Chicken
- 1 2lb bag boneless chicken tenders or chicken breasts
- 1 yellow onion chopped into large pieces (or you could try 4 large leeks chopped in large pieces)
- 1/2 a 16 oz. bottle of balsamic vinaigrette (approx 1 cup)
- 1/2 a bottle of marinara (approx 1 1/2 cup)
- 1 14.5 oz can of fire roasted tomatoes, drained
So – there are literally only three steps to this recipe.
- Chop your onion – put it in the crockpot
- Add all the other ingredients to the crockpot
- Cook on low for 8 hours
In eight hours – your house will smell like your favorite Italian restaurant on it’s best night. I serve this over piping hot yellow rice (rice cooked with turmeric and cumin) or egg noodles – I’ve also served it on a bed of freshly made mashed potatoes. Recipes like this don’t come along very often that are so incredibly easy and so delicious. Have fun and let me know if you try ‘Shannon’ Chicken!