- 2 pound British pork loin roast (or boned shoulder of pork)(or thick cut porkchops as pictured)
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 tsp salt
For the stuffing:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 1 cup washed raspberries
- 1 tablespoon clear honey
Preheat oven to 400°
Stand the pork loin on its thick end. Cut between the sheet of bones and meat to within 3/4″ of the flesh. Open out ready to fill with stuffing.
For the stuffing, melt the butter in a skillet, and cook the shallot in it for about 2 minutes until it looks transparent. Stir in the sage and then the breadcrumbs, mix well and remove from the heat.
Mix in the raspberries, feta and honey. Spoon the stuffing into the meat and reassemble, tying with string. Rub the pork rind with the oil and salt. Set in the roasting tin, rind side up, and cook for 30 minutes until the crackling begins to crackle. Roll the entire roast in more fresh diced sage.
Turn down oven to 300°, and cook for a further hour until done.