I’ve made this seasonal salad twice recently – and each time it just comes out so delicious. Strawberries are really coming in now and will be incredible till mid-summer. Delicious sweet ripe strawberries in a simple marinade make a dynamite and easy-to-make showstopper salad.
- 1 bag of fresh spinach salad or hearts of romaine
- 1 pound of sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons of champagne vinaigrette
- 5 tablespoons freshly chopped mint leaves
- Fresh ground salt and pepper to taste
Chop the strawberries in your preferred method – thin slices or large bite sized quarters and place them in a bowl. Grate fresh salt and pepper and toss. Add mint, balsamic vinegar, honey, champagne vinegar, and feta – toss until everything is evenly coated. Chill covered in the fridge for 1 hour – then serve over fresh salad greens.